Have a windshield emergency? Call 718-966-0071 for 24/7 emergency windshield service.
Windshield Replacement and Windshield Repair
A cracked or chipped windshield isn’t just a nuisance; it’s a safety hazard. If your vehicle’s windshield has been damaged, you need professional windshield services, now. A&E Glass is here to help.
From repair to windshield replacement and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) recalibration, our local service professionals will get you back to cruising in no time.
A&E Glass Windshield Services
Your local A&E Glass is equipped to handle any and all windshield emergency. Our locations offer:
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Recalibration
- Rear windshield replacement
- Mobile windshield services
- Windshield replacement
- Windshield repair
- Crack repair
- Chip repair
Windshield Replacement or Repair: What Does My Car Need?
A&E Glass can repair most chipped windshields and cracks. Cracks that are more than three inches long and chips that are close to a half-inch wide usually require windshield replacement to protect the structural integrity of the glass and the safety of the car’s occupants. A windshield replacement is also most likely needed if a damaged area obstructs the driver’s view.
When deciding if you need to have your windshield repaired or replaced, consider these three factors:
- Size: There are a few exceptions, but chips larger than 3/8 inch and cracks longer than three inches generally require windshield replacement.
- Location: Cracks that splinter all the way to the edge of the windshield typically require replacement, due to their tendency to spread. Chips or cracks directly in the driver’s line of vision require replacement as well, as a repaired crack often does not cure clearly, leaving a slight outline in the repair area.
- Timespan: The longer you leave chips and cracks unaddressed, the more likely dirt will build up. Dirt accumulation inside a crack or chip makes it difficult to perform a successful repair, and makes windshield replacement the better option.
Of course, a member of our team will provide our professional recommendation during your free consultation.
Emergency and Mobile Windshield Services
Windshield repair and windshield replacement services are generally regarded as emergency situations. A severely chipped or cracked windshield can make your vehicle hazardous or impossible to drive. At A&E Glass, we strive to make sure your vehicle is safe to drive. To keep you safe and on the road, we offer emergency services for cracked and chipped windshields.
No time to take your car to the shop? We’ll come to you. Call 718-966-0071 to check the availability of our mobile windshield services in your area.
Windshield Replacement and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Recalibration
There’s more to your windshield than meets the eye. Most new vehicles are equipped with advanced driver assistance systems, or ADAS, technologies. ADAS technologies like lane departure warning systems, intelligent speed adaptation and parking sensors are designed to increase the safety of vehicles. They are also often dependent on windshield-mounted sensors. Approximately 60 A&E Glass locations now employ Opti-Aim™ technology to re-calibrate windshield-mounted ADAS technologies as part of our windshield replacement service.
Will My Car Insurance Cover Windshield Replacement and Windshield Repair?
Yes! A&E Glass works with all major insurance carriers. Your A&E Glass technician will even handle the insurance filing for you. Contact your insurance carrier to confirm your coverage before you schedule an appointment to have your windshield repaired or replaced.
Trust A&E Glass With Your Windshield Repair and Windshield Replacement Panes
Don’t let windshield damage threaten the safety of your family. Our auto glass specialists have the skills and experience necessary to determine your windshield replacement and repair needs. From window tinting to crack repair, A&E Glass has the answer to your windshield panes.
Call 718-966-0071 for 24/7 emergency service.