DOOR MAINTENANCE SERVICES
Commercial Door Closer Service
Great customer service begins the moment an individual walks through the door. Make sure that your business’ first impression begins with a door that works properly. A&E Glass provides commercial door closer repair and door closer maintenance services, ensuring the safety of commercial doors and all those who walk through them.
What Is a Commercial Door Closer, and How Does It Work?
Commercial door closers allow individuals to easily open and pass through doors without having to physically close them. A properly installed door closer works like this:
- It causes a user to feel some resistance as they begin to open the door, giving them a sense of how heavy the door is.
- After the initial resistance, the door smoothly glides open.
- When a user lets go of the door, a spring in the door closer forces the mechanism’s arm to close gently until the door returns to the frame.
Who Needs Commercial Door Closers?
Commercial door closers are used widely. From hospitals to schools, small businesses, restaurants and everything in between, most businesses can benefit from the installation of commercial door closers. They can be installed on a variety of new and existing doors.
Types of Commercial Door Closers
There are several types of commercial door closers available to business owners. When choosing one, business owners should consider the following:
- Are you retrofitting an old door or replacing your current door?
- Where is the door located, and is it an exterior door?
- How often will the door be used?
- What is my price range?
- What aesthetic am I seeking for my space?
Commercial door closers come in several types and styles, some of which are specific to the type of door or opening.
Top-mounted door jambs may be the most widely used. These three types of door closers are mounted at the top of a commercial door.
- Top jamb - used frequently for glass storefront doors
- Regular arm – most power efficient, mounted on the exterior of the door
- Parallel arm – used frequently in schools, attractive and less susceptible to vandalism
Other styles of door closers include these:
- Concealed – fitted into the door or the doorframe and hidden from sight
- Floor-spring – concealed and mounted to the floor
- Surface-mounted – fitted to the doorframe, usually most cost-effective
Your local A&E Glass is available for consultation to help you select the right door closer style based on your door, opening and business type. Contact A&E Glass location near you today.
Commercial Door Closer Installation
How to Install a Commercial Door Closer
Should you choose to install a commercial door closer at your business, your local A&E Glass will send a technician to your business to:
- Identify the right door closer for your door.
- Prepare the door and doorframe for installation.
- Install necessary hardware to both the doorframe and door.
- Connect both pieces of the commercial door closer.
Commercial Door Closer Repair and Commercial Door Closer Maintenance
At A&E Glass, our technicians frequently replace or repair commercial door closers. We commonly encounter five key problems:
Poorly installed door closers lead a risk of doorframe damage and misalignment. The specialists at A&E Glass use the right tools to install and maintain a door closer and its springs. Ensuring to:
- Maximize the lifespan of door closers
- Have door closers remain in good working conditions
- Prevent abnormal or unexpected movements of the doors
Door Closer Maintenance Services
If your door closer is under warranty, don’t accidentally void the contract by having an untrained individual attempt repairs. The specialists at A&E Glass receive extensive training to install, maintain and repair door closers. Our door closer repair and maintenance services ensure that the components on a door remain in good working condition and are safe to use. In addition to offering door closer repair services, our specialists are also fully trained to help with doorframes, glass repairs, hinges, thresholds and other hardware.
Ready to install, repair or replace your commercial door closer? Contact your local A&E Glass to learn more about our door closer repair services.
Have a commercial door closer emergency? Call 718-966-0071 for 24/7 emergency service.