Custom mirrors are a perfect addition to any room in your home. Since you have the capability to build a mirror to suit your taste and match your décor, you have the freedom to choose from any idea you might have for a mirror. At A&E Glass, we’re proud to offer custom-cut mirrors, custom-framed mirrors and other custom mirror glass solutions for your home. We know that the right glass mirrors can make any room feel great for you and your visitors.
What Are Custom-Cut Mirrors?
Custom-cut mirrors are mirrors that we cut, etch, bevel and adjust to your exact specifications. Our technicians will work with you to choose the best mirror solution for your bathroom, cabinets, living room or whatever space you’re ready to transform. Whether you need custom mirrors to replace old or broken mirrors, or you’re taking on a new construction or DIY project, we’re eager to help.
Once you’ve decided on a mirror, it may be time to choose a frame. Mirror frames are available in many different materials and styles, and your local A&E Glass can fit and customize them. Depending on your mirror choice and location, you may not need a frame. For example, perhaps you’re replacing a mirror or glass surface or you are seeking a clean, modern design. Your local A&E Glass will walk you through all the options for your custom mirror solution.
Is A Mirror Right For Your Space?
There are four key reasons to choose custom mirrors for your home:
1) Create Depth and the Illusion of Space
Placing mirrors strategically in your home will make small spaces seem much more open and inviting. By reflecting the ceiling, walls and natural light from windows, mirrors can transform an entire room or hallway into something beautiful. With tiled or framed mirrors, the architecture and contours of your home will be highlighted like never before. Schedule an appointment with A&E Glass today to receive an in-home consultation to find out the best locations to place mirrors.
These are a few of the custom mirror options our clients enjoy:
- Statement mirrors: Place custom-created pieces above a fireplace or headboard
- Mirrored wall: Make cramped or small hallways appear much longer
- Mirrored backsplash: Create depth and creative flair in a kitchen
2) Accentuate Your Home Decor and Art
Highlight your home’s existing art and glass decor with custom mirrors cut to your unique specifications. Select from a variety of tints, edges, finishes and frames to accentuate the style of your home.
Some decorative mirrors worth considering include these:
- Framed mirrors: Perfect for virtually any application, framed mirrors are especially good at adding a splash of inspiring glass decor to walls containing framed photos or art.
- Hanging mirrors: If well placed, the mirror will direct natural light to fill a space, perhaps illuminating your favorite art pieces.
- Mirrored shelves: These give a 360-degree view of existing art pieces, sculptures, antiques or collectibles.
3) Enhance Your Home’s Natural Light
Spread both natural and artificial light throughout every room of your home, with the help of mirrored tabletops or hanging mirrors. For areas of the home without windows, a few mirrors in just the right place can illuminate a dark room.
To bring more light into your home’s interior, consider one of the following mirrors:
- Bedroom mirrors: To reflect both natural light from windows and artificial light from lamps, a bedroom mirror or two will work wonders.
- Mounted mirrors: Magnify the illumination created from desk lamps, mounted lanterns or other light sources.
4) Full-Length Mirrors Allow You to Dress to Impress
Bedrooms, closets and entryways are the perfect places for a full-length mirror. Ask us to install one so you can get a top-to-bottom perspective of your clothing and appearance before leaving your home. Our A&E Glass experts can cut a custom full-length mirror that is finished and framed to accentuate your existing home decor.
Our specialists install many types of full-length mirrors, including these:
- Framed mirrors: Give your bathrooms a splash of sophistication and intriguing appeal with a custom mirror and frame of your choosing.
- Floor-to-ceiling mirrors: These are perfect tools for checking out your attire before heading out the door.
Design and Custom Mirror Installation
Ready to design and install your custom mirror? A&E Glass technicians will meet with you to discuss your wants and needs, measure your space, present your custom mirror and custom mirror frame options, and get to work! From design to completion, your local A&E Glass will create your custom piece and install your mirror using industry best practices.